Description and Details
YESS! | Golden Valley, MN
I have 10,291 emails in my inbox — if you’re the right fit for this position, your inbox is at zero.
My desk is covered with stacks of papers and business cards — if you’re the right fit for this opening, your desk is clutter-free.
I have to search in order to find anything (either electronic or paper) if you’re the right fit for this opening, you know where everything is in your life.
I regularly don’t reply in a timely way to my business correspondence and it costs me money. I hate checking email, VM, and opening postal mail. You should be one of those people who don’t “feel right” if all correspondence is not replied to the same day it comes in.
…all this being said, I’m a successful person by most definitions. This is not the first company I’ve owned or run. I am a professional speaker, facilitator, and trainer. Other entrepreneurs pay for my experience. I have been a contributor in Entrepreneur, Forbes, Inc., Thrive Global, HR.com, Business.com, Business Insider, Fast Company, The NY Daily News, Ladders, Greatist, and Brit +Co.
I considered making an MBA a requirement for the position…but it’s not the degree I am looking for — it’s an understanding of business. I want someone who understands businesses quickly. Ideally, you are someone who “gets” what a business does easily and you love simplicity, automation, and flow.
We intend to systemize the predictable so we can humanize the exceptional. You live this way.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Manage my calendar, email, and voicemail
- Book travel and coordinate the speaking or training material that I need to bring to my gig
- IT issues – allow me to forget them
- Manage our physical conference center
- Open mail and make daily deposits
- Manage conference room rentals
- Help our clients feel welcome and comfortable at our conference center as if it’s their own
- Coordinate our staff to ensure excellent execution and responsiveness online and in-person
- Coordinate and attend speaking engagements/events and/or coordinate staff for back of room sales
- Support me personally with tasks outside of work (which may include dry cleaning, coordinating details for events away from work, automobile maintenance, etc.)
The Ideal Personality
- A tenacious “get things done” person who is two steps ahead of me and attacks a project while driving it through to completion
- An ambitious “no-holds-barred” kind of person that will work to powerfully grow our business and our client’s satisfaction
- Pleasant, friendly personality and great customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Smart, fast learner, creative and proactive (i.e. a strategic thinker with focus on execution, not just a doer)
- Good writing skills (professional tone, good grammar/spelling, ability to grasp concepts and construct documents, and editing for formatting and consistency)
- Organized and highly attentive to detail
- Must be sharp, professional, independent, and self-motivated
- Has the “figure it out” factor
- Fast, efficient and execution-oriented
- Punctual — we live by the belief that “early is on time, on time is late”
- Someone who loves an intense pace, a growing company and rarely has the same day twice
Why Work Here
Amazing clients, room for growth, no micro-managing, incredible variety, always learning, and an awesome team!
669 Winnetka Ave N, #204, Golden Valley, MN 55427
Golden Valley, MN