At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Job Summary: The Finance Controller will be a key, strategic player in leading our St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN Controls manufacturing location. This leader will also partner with the ISC Finance Leader in driving and leading the collection of plant data, operations reporting, compliance, and implementation of process improvements for the plant location which supports the Trane Commercial Strategic Business Unit.
The Dynamic leader will be responsible for the following:
- Champion change management.
- Monthly and Quarterly closings as per US GAAP.
- Lead/manage all Costing and Inventory, including the annual standards process.
- Support plant operations with analysis and reporting, which includes Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Monitor and report financial performance, analyze and interpret operating results, investigate variances and unusual items; and evaluate their effect on operations.
- Perform management reporting and analysis, including preparation of analyses for the monthly operating reviews (MOR). Utilize high-level analytical skills in reviewing monthly, quarterly and year-end results.
- Liaison and reporting for external and Internal Audits.
- Draw attention to compliance issues to maintain consistency with Sarbanes Oxley and IR policies and work closely with plant teams to remediate.
- Review and validate reported Plant Productivity and Inflation to ensure accuracy and connectivity with financial results.
- Assist in the development and presentation of recurring and ad-hoc financial plans, budgets, forecasts, statements, metric scorecards and reports to enhance business decisions and drive operational efficiency.
- Participate in or lead other projects as necessary.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance required; advanced degree or chartered certification (CMA, CFA, CPA) is desired
- 8 years accounting experience; cost accounting experience preferred
- 25% travel required
- Leadership in interpreting, administering and driving fiduciary responsibility in the implementation of accounting policies and regulations is a must.
- The ability to translate business and strategic goals into action plans is required.
- The ability to work well and influence others in a matrix management environment with accountability to cross-functional partners is a key competency.
- A deep and broad knowledge of manufacturing processes, generally accepted accounting practices/principles, IR financial policies and regulatory requirements/issues are required.
Other competencies include a high level of integrity, superior leadership, communication, time management and change management skills, and the ability to motivate and lead in a dynamic fast-paced environment. A superior level of computer and systems literacy is required with particular emphasis on Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), ORACLE, MFGPro or an equivalent ERP/manufacturing application.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.