To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Controls Hardware and Mechatronics Engineer position will develop and maintain embedded electronics systems for the transport refrigeration units that are produced by Thermo King. Components will include automotive graded analog & digital electronic devices, controllers, displays, sensors, communication systems, and related components for Thermo King NA/EMEA. This role will provide engineering support for a wide variety of Thermo King product platforms and will also offer the right candidate the opportunity to utilize their current skills and develop new ones by working on a diverse set of technologies.
Core Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Develop and specify electrical components, sub-systems and systems for reliability, durability, performance, safety and cost.
- Responsible and collaborate with the development of requirements, technical designs, DFMEA and Validation Test Plans & Reports.
- Apply systematic problem-solving skills to define issues, identify root causes, develop, qualify, and implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Interpret, condense and present test data/results.
- Maintain orderly project records. Document and communicate project status as required both verbally and in written form.
- Release engineering component prints in product life cycle management system.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and an engineering Internship or Co-op is required.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Hardware design and/or integration experience with embedded systems, controllers, sensors, transducers, switches, and displays.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Experience with RF Test equipment, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Multi-meter, PC based diagnostic and simulation tools.
- Effective ability to develop cooperative working relationships with cross-functional teams, (program manager, manufacturing, service, training, supply management, product management, sales, suppliers, etc.) Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Project).
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Altium, LTspice, and Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow) helpful but not mandatory.
- Commercial Vehicle, Transport Refrigeration or HVAC engineering experience desired but not required.
- Problem-solving ability, experience with standard analysis and reporting tools (DFMEA, A3, FEA, 8D, Fishbone/5-whys, etc.) preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.