Community Engagement Coordinator
- Twin Cities metro (Brooklyn Center/St. Paul)
Position Type Full-time
Community Engagement Coordinators recruit and mentor volunteers of color who led culturally inclusive Girl Scout troops. Girl Scout troops are typically 10-12 girls led by two volunteers. In this role, the Coordinator is in the role of the troop leader. Coordinators also serve girls directly in school- and partner-based Girl Scout troops and work as a team to create high-quality special programs and engagement experiences for families, leaders, and alumnae of color.
- Build relationships and partnerships with communities, families, and community youth organizations of color.
- Implement culturally responsive and specific recruitment, training, and program delivery.
- Plan, promote, and implement troop formation activities in assigned areas as needed.
- Provide authentic and responsive troop leader mentorship, support, and customer service.
- Lead high-quality programming directly for girls, ensuring content and delivery methods are culturally responsive.
- Support girls in attending evening or weekend Girl Scout events, participating in the Cookie Program, and attending summer camps.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience, preferably in education, program/project management, or a related field
- At least 2 years of professional work experience that includes experience working with diverse populations of staff, adult volunteers, and/or youth.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle for your use. This job requires frequent travel between sites. Mileage reimbursement and mobile phone reimbursement were provided.
GIRL SCOUTS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK BECAUSE:
- We offer a market rate salary of $20.06 ($41,724.80)
- Our benefits are unmatched – 403b match up to 8%, health and dental insurance, generous PTO, 12 weeks of paid family leave, an infants-at-work program, life and disability insurance paid on your behalf, staff development opportunities, and more.
- We are committed to being an anti-racist organization with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice.
- Our staff is deeply committed to championing our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.