To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Lead Controls Engineer will work as a member of the Global Control Systems Center of Excellence supporting Thermo King transport refrigeration system development. This role will support the execution of embedded controls development projects, working with hardware, software, validation test and system integration functions.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Develop controller models for system level control algorithms and logic that provide superior performance, enhance reliability and diagnostics.
- Execute model-in-the-loop simulations to verify control behavior and performance.
- Support system and sub-system level integration testing to insure control system behavior meets functional and non-functional requirements. Review and analyze system test data.
- Develop and execute team technology and process strategies.
- Mentor and supervise team members.
- Work with software development teams to integrate model-generated software into application software.
- Adhere to model development standards and processes.
- Collaborate with product management and system integration teams.
- Drive project execution and achieve project milestones.
- 10% travel anticipated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least 12 years’ experience in controls, electronics, systems or software engineering is required.
- Other technical degrees may be considered with relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Control Theory is strongly preferred.
- Experience with model based design processes and modeling & simulation of complex systems is required.
- Understanding of control system design. Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering). Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control, fuzzy logic).
- Understanding of optimization techniques is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Simulink and Stateflow is required. Proficiency in SVN, Jenkins or Dymola beneficial.
- Experience with MAAB, J-MAAB, IEC 62304 standards or equivalents are preferred.
- Experience in automating processes is preferred.
- Knowledge in refrigeration, vapor compression or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge in compressors, engines or power electronics is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.