Are you looking for a tax preparation role where the clients are provided? Want to work reasonable hours during the tax season? North Star has that exact role and they want you!! Yes, the role has the normal tax preparation duties. North Star believes in work-life balance even during the tax season! Check out the details below.
Purpose: The primary focus of this position will be to support North Star advisors and their clients with tax preparation services and answer tax related questions.
Key Traits for Success
We have identified the following traits needed to be successful in our environment:
- -Positive Attitude
- -Tech savvy
- -Service focused
- Essential Functions
- -Prepares tax returns for clients of the firm
- -Tracks time spent on projects to facilitate accurate billing
- -Administrative work in conjunction with tax preparation – such as scanning, imaging, etc.
- -Ensures very high quality on deliverables
- -North Star team members provide support to our financial professionals, who in turn provide services to their clients. As such, this position will respond to and resolve tax questions and topics from team members and advisors.
- -Maintains open lines of communication
- -Assist with managing the expenses of the group
- -Keeps North Star management informed of issues and challenges
- -Stay up to date on industry and tax laws/regulations
- -Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- -Strong computer skills
- -High level of attention to detail/accuracy
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- -Excellent customer service skills
- -Critical Thinker
- -Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- -Zero to two year’s tax preparation experience
- -Good knowledge of Microsoft products
- -Strong problem-solving skills
- -Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- -Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities.
- -Able to follow direction
- -Able to work independently and be a self-starter
- -Demonstrated ability to work with a team
This description covers the primary and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Additional Skills and Experience: (helpful not required)
- -CCH Axcess tax software experience
- -Tax prep experience
- -College business tax course work
- -Knowledge of or experience with QuickBooks
- -Understanding of a variety of retirement accounts
Why You’ll Love Working With Us:
- -We care
- -We have the clients who already work with our firm
- -We will not ask you to work 80 hours per week
- -Our people make our culture
Reports to Gary Schwartz
FLSA Status: Exempt