About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About This Role
The Internal Marketing team at Ovative plays an integral role in bringing Ovative’s brand vision to life and helping Ovative surpass its long-term growth goals. The Internal Marketing team works closely with the Business Development and Client Services teams at Ovative to ensure our marketing tactics are building the brand, creating meaningful opportunities to connect with a broad network of prospects, elevating the client experience, and generating qualified leads for the business. We take a hands-on, collaborative approach to marketing, partnering effectively with subject-matter experts across our Media, Measurement, and Consulting teams to drive key marketing initiatives.
The Brand and PR Manager position is an opportunity for an experienced hire to have direct impact at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, performance, and culture. This individual will play a pivotal leadership role in defining Ovative’s external brand and building brand awareness. The Brand and PR Manager will own identifying, building, and nurturing relationships with key industry influencers and partners on behalf of Ovative that ultimately lead to new prospective talent, new prospective clients, and stronger relationships with our existing clients. This role includes management of key external channels like Conferences/Signature Events, Speaking Opportunities, and PR/Awards.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to quickly build trust, relationships, and influence decision makers. The ideal candidate brings proven experience developing and managing partnership relationships on behalf of a B2B firm, event management experience including hosted events and industry conference presence, and has developed and executed a PR strategy bringing national relationships.
Responsibilities of Brand and PR Manager
- Own the development and execution of an innovative partnership strategy with key organizations and industry influencers to reach prospective talent and prospective clients and drive increased awareness for Ovative.
- Develop and fully manage Ovative signature events for prospective clients, clients, and alumni.
- Define and manage Ovative’s presence at industry conferences including speaking opportunities to build Ovative’s expert brand.
- Define and execute a PR strategy for Ovative including pitching and submitting press content and awards. Responsible for building Ovative relationships with key editors and influencers at Marketing and Business Publications nationally to provide coverage.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and performance over time to continuously identify opportunities for improvement and new innovative influencers and engagement tactics that should be included in the program
- Collaborate and coordinate with senior Ovative leaders to leverage their expertise and participation in tactics effectively
- Be a leader, actively role modeling, articulating, and developing Ovative’s brand and cultural values and growth goals, internally and externally. Opportunity to manage team members over time.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience.
- Developed and scaled a partnership approach on behalf of a B2B firm.
- Managed and executed corporate or client hosted events and managed a presence at industry conferences.
- Defined and executed a PR strategy, either directly or through a PR agency, and brings relationships to reach editors in Marketing and Business publications nationally.
- Proven track record of building relationships quickly with senior leaders, establishing trust, and influencing decision-makers effectively.
- Organized and confident with proven ability to project manage multiple projects at a time, driving collaboration and coordinating efforts across teams.
- Results-driven and gets energy working in an entrepreneurial team environment (wearing multiple hats, informing strategy, driving key initiatives solo and coordinating across teams in an agile manner, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-driven, hungry to develop new, innovative strategies and action on the strategies.
- Experience in talent marketing partnerships preferred, but not required.
- Experience in a client services or account director role preferred, but not required.
- Experience in content writing or social media preferred, but not required.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work.
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace six-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Top-notch health insurance options
- Monthly stipend for your mobile phone and data plan
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
- Access to our first / brand new office space in NYC
- Frequent, paid travel to our Minneapolis headquarters for company events, team events, and in-person collaboration with teams.
Turn on your powers of observation.The setting, the girl’s appearance, her social media profile is a treasure trove of information about her. Is she wearing a Marvel T-shirt? Why not ask which of those comic book or movie universe dr hatkoff love style quiz heroes she likes best. Listens to rock? Great, you can praise her cool taste in music. Coming out of a coffee shop? Asking what kind of dish at that establishment she would recommend.
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!