To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Platform Systems Engineer will provide multidisciplinary engineering support & development of transport refrigeration systems, including:
- Requirements elicitation & analysis
- System architecture & modular design
- Modeling and simulation
- Controls algorithm development
- Testing & evaluation
- System optimization
- Reliability analysis
- Risk management
The ideal candidate will leverage strong critical thinking and communication with deep product/application knowledge. They will drive the best business solution based on requirements, technical readiness, and trade-offs. They will demonstrate a continuous pursuit for curiosity, learning, and understanding. The candidate must work in physical, abstract, and conceptual domains—balancing the big picture while objectively evaluating multiple scenarios/solutions due to the usual ambiguity of balancing future technologies with practical limits. They will work to continuously identify, communicate, and manage risks to ensure project/program success. Finally, they shall actively listen and seek input from multiple sources/stakeholders.
The role will demonstrate cross-functional collaboration by facilitating and supporting activities at multiple levels and between multiple teams:
- Developing strong communication/alignment with internal and external suppliers
- Driving project execution and achieve project milestones
- Introduction of new technologies and processes
- Managing large or complex projects
- Building systems engineering capability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering (or similar discipline) and at least 5 years of engineering and/or systems experience is required.
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering strongly preferred.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong experience modeling and validating multidisciplinary product systems required (integration of mechanics, hydraulics, electronics, power transmission, fluids, etc).
- Demonstrated technical leadership on complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Experience in control of refrigeration or HVAC systems.
- Design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R)
- Product architecture methods, functional analysis or product family design
Supplemental Skills & Knowledge:
- Systems Engineering fundamentals
- Electrical hardware or power electronics experience.
- Experience or certification in project management.
- A demonstrated history of innovation, e.g. patent authorship.
- Understanding of transportation, off-road agricultural, construction or HVAC equipment.
- Experience with 6σ analysis and reporting tools: A3, 8D, Fishbone/5-whys etc.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.