To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Manages all internal and external service functions which relate to trailer, truck, APU, telematics and rail products. This encompasses the total populations of Thermo King Units. This position will be responsible for providing technical support for our dealership service personnel, Thermo King corporate field team and internal Thermo King corporate personnel. This role will be responsible for creating service and campaign bulletins when the situation dictates as well as reviewing technical literature that is created by the publications department. This role will be required to support engineering Quality and Reliability, NPD and VA/VE efforts to include participating on project team and meeting deliverable requirements.
- Manages acquisition, organization and delivery of information on unit performance and problems from users, dealers, or corporate personnel. Evaluates this information to determine impact on unit sales, customer relations, unit performance and customer business. This information often effects large quantities of units in the field or to be manufactured in the future.
- Travel to user or dealer locations to evaluate information on unit performance, and to determine final resolution of service related problems.
- Direct Product Service Managers in areas of service management required to maintain or improve customer and dealer relations.
- Initiates appropriate corrective actions to quickly correct problems that could result in significant corporate expense. The most serious situations may require stopping shipment of involved product until corrections are made.
- Provide engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and marketing with information on user attitude and unit service, and performance requirements. Initiates and reviews proposed unit designs and recommends changes as user application requires.
- Develop and deliver marketing and technical training programs to users, dealers and corporate personnel.
- Perform research for and write service bulletins, specialized technical manuals, and other literature involving complex service procedures and commercial projects. Proofread technical and marketing literature as required. This written material is circulated to all TK users and dealers.
- Manage and create field test programs of components and units. Organize and evaluate this test information and provide information to all TK functions.
- Select and perform special assignments and follow directives that occur, as a matter of routine. Such assignments frequently required international travel, weekend work, extensive domestic travel and on the spot commercial and technical judgments of fleets of units.
- Provide users, dealers, and corporate personnel with expert problem diagnosis, technical information and advice. These services are often required in emergencies on a 24 hour basis and are considered final.
- Responsible for analysis of a product or customer problem; initiate corrective action both at customer site and within the TK engineering and manufacturing areas and in certain cases actually assist in the implementation of the correction in our manufacturing operation. These actions result in minimum product liability and minimum field policy allowances and maintain good customer relations.
- Positions determine own schedule and use judgment to make warranty adjustments and specifies product revisions with minimum supervision. Position individually recognizes needs and creates a plan and proceeds on plan with minimum direction.
- Leadership responsibility to develop and initiate a solution to serious service related problems. Gain the cooperation and support of Design Engineering, Manufacturing and Marketing to correct in-house problems, and utilize the field organization to effect solution at lowest possible cost to Thermo King Products.
- Handles confidential matters and issues where the highest level of discretion and decorum. Uses active listening techniques to confirm and understand information. Identifies critical concerns and takes appropriate action. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations with a variety of personality types.
- Builds strong working relationships with a widely diverse set of constituencies. Provides administrative support to other offices, departments, managers to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred and/or a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in servicing industrial equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in dealer or vendor relationship management.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the operation, performance, diagnosis, repair and application of industrial equipment.
- Must be available to travel up to 20%.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.