At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Program Manager will lead cross-functional teams to deliver new or improved Thermo King products to market through a structured stage-gate NPD process. This role ensures new products meet specific customer requirements, program goals, timelines and budgets. Program Managers take P&L accountability for all program/ project activity through product launch. A key deliverable for the role is to follow best practices and drive teams towards project execution to a hand-off with operations.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Works closely with management and business leaders to create program scope, objectives and risk assessment.
- Works closely with Product Managers to define customer and product requirements.
- Anticipates issues and drives countermeasures to ensure programs meet intended objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of program personnel to ensure programs progress on schedule and within budget while meeting established customer requirements.
- Resolves people and team dynamic issues for the effective performance of the program team in completing their assignments.
- Manages intra-program dependencies and their interrelationships, and their impact upon other programs and projects.
- Mentors and coaches program team members and non-dedicated project leaders on project management fundamentals.
- Schedules and leads timely status review meetings.
- Escalates issues and mitigation recommendations to upper management.
- Reduces current NPD cycle time.
- Works with PMO Leader other Program Managers both internal and external to the SBU to continuously improve Ingersoll Rand Project Development Process.
- Drives the planning and implementation of multiple programs across the organization.
- Reviews completed programs & drives organizational learning and process improvement.
- Overall responsibility for product delivery from requirements, prototype testing through product launch.
- Must be able to travel up to 15%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or similar technical discipline) and at least 2 years experience in Project Management, Operations,
- Engineering, Finance, Procurement or Product Management is required.
- Experience leading & managing New Product Development programs strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification required or obtained within first year.
- Certified MS Project Orange Belt is preferred.
- Experience leading new product development programs from concept to production using a stage-gate process.
- Understanding of technical requirements and drawings to support product offerings
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive program-specific issues and goals to closure.
- Technical understanding of how products support our business and technically differentiate performance
- Tenacity in driving program team members to meet or exceed program timelines and outcomes.
- Business acumen and experience in business case development and scenario planning.
- Proven ability to integrate business, marketing, and technical elements of a new product development program, including anticipating issues and driving countermeasures and issues to closure.
- Self-starter with a desire to make a significant impact on the product development process.
- Courage to raise issues to upper management when a program is at risk.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Proficient at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions using six sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Good understanding of consumer products, software, and hardware development preferred.
- Experience with project management software.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.