Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Position Type: Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Responsible for multi-million dollar revenue goals and community leadership for a priority major market area. Manages a large team of development staff in the execution of a comprehensive revenue strategy which includes corporate engagement, major gifts, network fundraising and premiere events. Responsible for robust volunteer engagement to meet talent and capacity needed for success, including a volunteer board accountable for providing leadership for market priorities and goals.
- Guides and directs a sizeable team to achieve multi-million dollar revenue goals. Ensures that responsibilities, authorities and accountability of team members are well defined, and staff have the skill sets and development opportunities to excel.
- Accountable for development and achievement of a multi-channel revenue plan which optimizes revenue activities, as well as drives new revenue with entrepreneurial spirit and an emphasis on digital enablement. This includes full integration of an area team focused on relationship building around corporate relations, premier events, and philanthropy. Drives community relevance through customer-centric and innovative revenue strategies. Develops contingency plans as needed to reach targets.
- Leads a market-based volunteer board comprised of highly engaged, community influencers accountable for driving market priorities and goals; recruits, manages relationships and retains highly effective volunteer leaders who can significantly contribute to the success of the Society.
- Builds and maintains relationships with priority C Suite corporate leaders and individual donors/prospects; Leverages relationships to personally drive six and seven-figure partnerships and gifts.
- Ensures engagement and mobilization of diverse constituents, staff, and volunteers who are representative of the market. Drives a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Maximizes the assets of the market to further the mission of the Society through collaboration with Cancer Control and ACS CAN teams and mission integration in all revenue plans and activities.
- Responsible for budget management and ensuring ROI targets are achieved.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs, values, goals, and objectives of the Society.
- Serves on the Region senior leadership team. Maintains productive and collaborative relationships with other Society departments and regions leadership; participates on regional and enterprise projects and committees as appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, 10 years community engagement & relationship development experience in a large nonprofit setting, preferably with 5 years in a leadership level management/supervisory capacity of a multi-million dollar organization. Experience in closing large revenue gifts
Demonstrates Community Development Competencies: Action oriented, Attracts top talent, Being resilient, Builds networks, Customer focus, Drives engagement, Balances stakeholders, Ensures accountability
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals.
- Strong strategic planning skills and ability to lead the plan to execution.
- Collaborative leadership, management, coaching and development of diverse staff.
- Ability to work through others to accomplish goals, including volunteers.
- Ability to create consensus among cross-functional staff and bring closure to projects/initiatives.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
- Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
- Some travel within the market area; will include evening and weekend work. Limited region/national travel.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.