To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Senior Platform Engineer will work to research, design and maintain products for the Thermo King Large Truck business. The position will collaborate cross-functionally across multiple regions, and have frequent interaction with our global manufacturing facilities, dealerships and customers as well as be responsible for delivering major New Product Development programs that meet specific performance and Quality/Cost/Delivery goals. The Senior Platform Engineer will also provide technical support to Q&R, Sustaining and VAVE engineering teams along with other functions, including Product Management, Manufacturing and Field Service.
Core Job Responsibilities include:
- Generate, evaluate, analyze, and develop design concepts for systems, components and assemblies to meet new product requirements provided by Product Management.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of engineering designs, drawings, documentation and BOMs.
- Support Program Management Office in the development and execution of project and resource plans, or in the case of smaller scale projects, the Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible to develop, maintain and execute these plans.
- Match existing and new technologies to market needs and opportunities.
- Ensure that DFMEA and DVPR processes are adhered to. Ensure Laboratory and field testing activities adhere to our product development processes.
- Protect confidential and intellectual property (prepare patent disclosures for example).
- Multi-region travel up to 10% may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of engineering experience is required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree is preferred.
- Background in structural design/analysis and development required. Experience with structures design and fastening technologies on mobile equipment would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects. History of delivering programs that meet QCD targets.
- Strong project planning / management and organizational skills.
- Experience with manufacturing principles including Design for Manufacturing expected. Knowledge of machined/cast/sheet metal components is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Design and Q&R processes, supplier qualification, and part approval requirements.
- Self-motivated with strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams spread across multiple geographical regions.
- Basic cost accounting and project viability assessment experience beneficial.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Creo and Creo Simulate (or similar FEA tools) proficiency preferred and familiarity with Windchill would be an advantage.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.