This position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial statements to management and business owners and for providing complex accounting support. This will include, among other things, consolidated management reporting and review of results with business owners, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations. Success will be achieved by providing the company with management reporting and related accounting information that is organized, processed and distributed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintenance and preparation of robust financial packages including variance to budget and prior year. This includes making changes quickly and accurately.
- Verification of the accuracy of financial reports and data.
- Monitors details of general and administrative accounts for accuracy.
- Develops departmental process improvements.
- Adheres to and supports internal control procedures.
- Provides ad hoc reporting.
- Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and is accountable for their accuracy.
- Prepares, analyze and reviews monthly operating results with business owners. Identify future risks and opportunities.
- Participates in the forecasting/budgeting process including preparation of cash flow and balance sheet budgets.
- Applies knowledge of accounting to evaluate established controls and standardized procedures, identifies opportunities for improvements and alternatives to improve efficiencies within department, and assists in developing and making recommendation to management when appropriate.
- Prepares volume-based reporting including, among other things, headcount and product lines and channels reports.
- Provides SAP systems administration back up as necessary (mainly EPM/BPC).
- Provides support to Finance and the CFO and other functional business owners as needed.
Education / Skills Requirements:
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- SAP and EPM/BPC experience
- Deep knowledge of GAAP
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to details in a fast pace environment
- Requires excellent communication skills. Will interact with all levels of management
- Must work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent
- Public accounting experience a plus