White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States · Supply Chain
Nextern is hiring for the role of Senior Supply Chain Manager, Buying/Planning. This role will come with a competitive compensation and full benefits package (see below).
The Senior Supply Chain Manager will have ownership over the supply chain team, which is made up of a team of individual contributors who have assigned value stream/ product lines. This role will be responsible for some, or all, or the following supply chain roles: new product launches, product line transfers, end of life (EOL) product life cycle planning, purchasing, production scheduling, and inventory management. This role will also be responsible for managing people, processes, systems and metrics to scorecard our performance in these areas.
We are looking for a high impact, driven individual who can adhere to Nextern’s principles and all safety, environmental, security, and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and partners with key stakeholders within the manufacturing teams to drive process improvement and meet business demands in some or all of the following functions: new product launches, product line transfers, purchasing, production scheduling, inventory management, customer service, supply chain systems.
- Manages metrics for the Supply Chain organization to measure success in each sub-discipline within Supply Chain. Shares results with key stakeholders.
- Develops, presents, obtains buy-in and implements action plans based on metric results.
- Works with manufacturing site and functional leaders to recommend annual operating plans.
- Prepares inventory and cost forecasts and budget recommendations for manager
- Creates action plans from new product core team meetings and manages implementation and execution of action plans.
- Provides leadership to teams through setting goals which align to the team’s annual plans. Manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Develops a culture of continuous improvement, professional growth, cross functional collaboration and goal planning and execution.
- Removes obstacles and implements practices which ensure customers receive product in a timely manner using cost efficient processes (workforce planning,
inventory management, purchasing, systems utilization).
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Travel for position up to 10%.
Working at Nextern is a better kind of work. We look for people who can exercise their personal superpowers while living our company principles. At Nextern, we are all responsible for making a meaningful impact on day to day patient quality of life. Our unique energy is unmistakable as we have fun, care about one another, and build a place we can all grow & produce great work.
Come join Nextern, where we are in it TOGETHER!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent.
- 8+ plus years of progressively more responsible work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience at a supervisory/managerial level.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in MRP systems.
- Preferred Qualifications and Education
- An advanced credential, such as an MBA, MA, MS, or APICS certification
- Medical Device experience preferred
Nextern offers excellent benefits to fuel you in building a fulfilling life & career.
- Fully subsidized basic health insurance for employees + partially subsidized premium and family plans.
- Fully subsidized employee dental insurance + optional coverage for spouse/dependents available for purchase
- 401k plan with a company match
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!) + dedicated personal & sick days
- Gym membership subsidy
- Employee Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance + opportunity to purchase additional coverage or types of insurance
- Modern facilities with sit/stand desks, flex-work spaces, lots of natural light, and occasionally, tacos, because these things are important to productivity
To apply to this position, click here.