White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
Nextern is looking for a Production Supervisor (Logistics and Final Inspection Focus) for its MN operation. This role will help set the stage for the next phase of growth. If you want a chance to influence something from the ground up, this is your chance.
This role has ownership of the logistics and final inspection areas for order fulfillment and is responsible for some or all of the following activities: on time delivery, freight forwarders, consignment inventory, production scheduling, and FG and component inventory management. Responsible for managing people, processes, systems and metrics to scorecard our performance in these areas. We are looking for a high impact, driven individual who can adhere to Nextern’s principles and all safety, environmental, security, and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
Nextern’s Principles: We show up and deliver, we innovate to impact, we make every day matter, and most off all—we are in it together
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and partners with key stakeholders within the manufacturing teams to drive process improvement and meet business demands in some or all of the following functions: new product launches, product line transfers, purchasing, production scheduling, inventory management, customer service, supply chain systems.
- Manages metrics for the logistics and final inspection organization to measure success in each sub-discipline within order fulfillment. Shares results with key stakeholders. Develops, presents, obtains buy-in and implements action plans based on metric results.
- Works with manufacturing site and functional leaders to recommend annual operating plans.
- Prepares inventory and cost forecasts and budget recommendations for manager
- Provides leadership to teams through setting goals which align to the teams annual plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Develops a culture of continuous improvement, professional growth, cross-functional collaboration and goal planning and execution.
- Maintains inspection, receiving, inventory, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with MRP in partnership with finance.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse and inspection areas by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains inspection, inventory, and warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Removes obstacles and implement practices which ensures customers receive product in a timely manner using cost-efficient processes (workforce planning, inventory management, purchasing, systems utilization).
- Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent.
- 8+ plus years of progressively more responsible work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience at a supervisory/managerial level.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in MRP systems.
- Preferred Qualifications: Medical Device experience preferred
Nextern offers excellent benefits to fuel you in building a fulfilling life & career.
- Fully subsidized basic health insurance for employees + partially subsidized premium and family plans.
- Fully subsidized employee dental insurance + optional coverage for spouse/dependents available for purchase
- 401k plan with a company match
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!) + dedicated personal & sick days
- Gym membership subsidy
- Employee Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance + opportunity to purchase additional coverage or types of insurance
- Modern facilities with sit/stand desks, flex-work spaces, lots of natural light, and occasionally, tacos, because these things are important to productivity
To apply to this position, click here.