SUMMARY: This role will create training programs for all levels of Grand Casino so that Associates and leaders can be their best, deliver to one another, and to Grand Casino customers to keep them coming back. They can create engaging, interactive and fun learning experiences that ultimately enable everyone to keep getting better at everything they do or teach others to do.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Consults with leaders and Talent Business Partners to conduct learning needs assessments and assist in identifying and developing learning solutions.
- Write and edit training in collaboration with SME’s, for programs that support and further Associate communications and leadership development including instructor-led courses, online tutorials and e-learnings, reference guides, storyboards, and video productions.
- Write and edit training, communication and performance management initiatives for the Company including but not limited to instructor-led workshops, instructor-led and online courses, online tutorials, reference guides, storyboards, Company initiatives, video production.
- Produce creative job aids, participant handouts, online tools, and consistent formatting to make learning fun, and enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible to create, assist, and execute Associate communication presentations.
- Integrate developed content across multiple programs and campaigns while maintaining a consistent brand identity through the development and application of key messaging.
- Ensure the flow of Company culture is interrelated within all material.
- Implement and/or utilize a learning management system and design software (example: Captivate) to create best in class delivery channels and interactive learning experiences.
- Facilitation of classes as required to ensure on time delivery and quality of course content
- Skills in instructional design concepts and principles, and adult learning concepts.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates training from front line to Advanced Leadership classes utilizing Talent Development approaches, software, processes, and tools.
- Demonstrates confidence and high level of comfort presenting to a variety of audience sizes (small group to 300 people).
- Continuously improve and deliver onboarding experiences for new Associates.
- Coordinate and train Certified Instructors and Certified Sponsors.
- Deliver training according to Regulatory Compliance training requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree with one (1) year experience in instructional design.
- Or Instructional Design Certification and four years’ experience in a related field.
- Or five (5) years’ experience in facilitation, design, and/or measurement of learning and development tools.
- Demonstrated skills in instructional design concepts and principles required.
- Ability to effectively present and facilitate including the use of audio visuals, online, and other technologies.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency working with video editing software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail required, as well as strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly explain and demonstrate concepts and skills to others.
- Must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Responsible for following all relevant DGRs.
|POSITION||Learning and Development Specialist|
|DIVISION||Grand Casino Hinckley|