To apply for this position, click here.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The SBU Vendor Recovery Leader will drive business bottom-line results by improving overall Supplier Quality and recover supplier-caused costs of poor quality. The role will manage all functions related to Vendor Recovery which includes serving as a liaison between the vendor, engineering, supply management, procurement, plant and warranty teams to accomplish recovery business goals and objectives while upholding and maintaining the Thermo King Brand. This includes the creation and deployment of standard work and influencing supplier contracts to better align zero-defect supplier performance improvement. The position will also be supporting “supplier control” activities which include the use of standard work tools supporting vendor recovery but overall improves supplier quality including SCAR creation/execution, incoming part testing/confirmation development/ deployment, and plant/customer support. The position will play a key role in driving continued cycle time reduction within Vendor Recovery Process. This position requires interface and influence across multiple functions and levels within the organization, as well as the external supply base.
Position Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute Vendor Recovery per existing contracts in a timely fashion utilizing Tavant and other supplier agreed-upon contracts.
- Administer vendor recovery activities including managing part return process, vendor contract set-up, part shipping process, and invoicing and payment collection process.
- Coordinate with suppliers to resolve labor, freight, handling and administration discrepancies and warranty coverage, debits, credits and related issues with suppliers.
- Creates and improves Vendor Recovery Standard Work to improve cycle time on recovery process driving net-zero supplier caused warranty impact to the overall business financial metrics.
- Use systems and processes to detect early warning indicators of supplier caused issues while working with other functional groups to react quickly to mitigate/eliminate supplier-caused quality issues.
- Influence contract(s) and create contract language to support the net-zero impact of supplier-caused quality concerns.
- Develop returns testing with warranty team and supplier to create robust confirmation of supplier caused incidents in the field driving root cause analysis and corrective action and timely payment of vendor caused concerns.
- Develop and execute technical requirements to support recovery efforts including utilization of problem-solving tools, communication through written notifications, storyboard building, and strong technical position documentation creation. The role will require timely updates and communication and be the one source for the commodity to execute vendor recovery.
- Potential goals may include:
- Year over year improvement in % of recovery due to suppliers,
- Reduction in supplier caused defects in ICQ, Incoming, and Total Warranty,
- Recovery as a % of Warranty Spend (COPQ – plant defects/scrap),
- % Recovery vs. Recoverable (exclude aftermarket markup, TK owned defects or contribution)
- Attend Supplier MDI to find opportunities and collaborate with the teams to provide timely information in order to successfully recover all opportunities.
Competencies and Success Factors:
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and applied knowledge in Transport HVAC commodities.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate associates and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
- Practitioner of problem-solving techniques, process capability and improvement tools, measurement systems analysis, statistical methods and supplier development capability.
- A hands-on collaborative approach in implementing and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging standard work.
- Proficiency in metrology techniques such as Measurement System Analysis (MSA), calibration standards and systems, gauge creation, GD&T, measurement error and its sources.
- Project management and planning tools, measuring and monitoring of recovery activities and recovery documentation. Proficiency in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems and processes including Tavant, ETQ, mySpend, Windchill.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience within Manufacturing Vendor Recovery, warranty management, quality management, and/or relevant experience working with suppliers. Experience within a related field will be considered (Aftermarket product management, quality engineer, engineering, procurement, and supply chain).
- Proficient in contemporary QC and QA tools such as QMS, Lean Six Sigma, SPC, SCAR/CAR, etc.
- Working knowledge of testing equipment design, Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing, and dimensional metrology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mentor, team player and builder.
- Professional in both customer and supplier interaction.
- Collaborative and Participative management style.
- Minimal travel required.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.