Position: Youth Leadership Development Program
Youth Worker/Technology Lead
This is a .5 non-exempt staff position at the Division of Indian Work. The
program is designed to help elementary and high school children enhance their
school readiness, and provides a wide variety of cultural, academic, and fun
extracurricular activities. The Youth Worker Tech Lead will focus on enhancing
and improving access to technology in our Comcast Lift Zone. The Youth Worker
is responsible for providing supervision and programming for all group activities,
providing van transportation for clients enrolled in the program, and preparing
written monthly reports. The Division of Indian Work provides culturally based
support systems to American Indian youth and families, encouraging
educational, psychological, social and spiritual growth in a multi-cultural urban
1. Help plan and facilitate academic, recreational, and cultural activities for
youth ages 7-17.
2. Provide supervision in group activities as assigned.
3. Monitor clients in caseload through completion of projects.
4. Provide van transportation to and from all program activities.
5. Compile statistical and narrative reports as required.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalency.
2. Experience, competence, and sensitivity in working with American Indian people.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Knowledge and experience with technology and computers
5. Knowledge of group facilitation.
6. Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
7. Must be able to work evenings (Mon.-Thur.) during the school year and day hours
during the summer.
8. Must model violence free behavior.
9. Ability to sit for up to an hour at one time and occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
10. Ability to participate in typical youth field trip activities
1. Send resume and cover letter to Louise Matson
To learn more visit https://www.diw-mn.org/
The Division of Indian Work has a diverse work environment which we sought and desire. As such, we are
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.