Benefits and Compensation Partner
Recruiter: Kristin Nordling
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Lakeside HR Group has been engaged by a large non-profit in the north metro of the Twin Cities to recruit
for a Benefits and Compensation Partner in their Brooklyn Park, MN location. As the Benefits and Compensation Partner, you play a key role in helping us develop, engage, and retain a strong, diverse team. You help shape our benefits and compensation, programs and practices, and provide data and insights to help us make decisions. You serve as a project manager and consultant to your peers.
We are looking for someone who can think innovatively to solve problems and deliver exceptional HR
services effectively and efficiently.
● Oversees the Company’s benefits programs including but not limited to health, dental, and vision insurance, 403b, life insurance, disability and leave plans.
● Partner with benefit brokers and carriers to understand the benefit landscape and how we can remain competitive in our offerings.
● Coordinate the benefit enrollment process, including the communication plan and education sessions.
● Ensure all claims, enrollment changes, COBRA, and terminations are processed in a timely manner.
● Own daily benefit administration tasks and manage quarterly/annual compliance and reporting responsibilities.
● Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
● Lead the compensation process for the organization including the annual merit process, job evaluations, job description maintenance, incentive programs, and regular compensation review in partnership with the HR Director.
● Advise Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition team members on compensation concepts and processes in support of equitable compensation administration and assist in development of compensation related communication materials.
● Monitor trends and new/upcoming regulatory changes and ensure programs are maintained and administered in compliance.
● Create, analyze and price new job roles and assess proper FLSA classifications.
● Partner with third party vendors to conduct salary surveys and labor research to understand industry benchmarks.
● Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
● Establish and ensure compliance with organization policies, procedures, and legal and or regulatory requirements.
● Conducts periodic audits. Prepare and present compensation analytics reports.
● Create reports and assist in analyzing data to provide insights to HR Director and CPO.
● Partner with HR Director and HR Coordinator to create additional reporting as needed.
● Completes the accurate and timely submission of our EEO-1 reporting.
● Assist on other projects as assigned.
● A combination of education and experience generally attained through a bachelor’s degree in a related field(s) (Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Leadership, Organizational Management or Psychology) and a minimum of 5 years HR experience.
● Proficient in HR systems and MS Office Suite
● Expert-level usage of Microsoft Excel; proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
● Knowledge of benefits and compensation packages, policies and legislations
● Ability to leverage strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills to relate effectively in all situations at varying levels of the organization – up, down and across.
● Strong reasoning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
● Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone feels respected and valued.
● Interest in testing and trying new ideas, especially those that drive our People Strategy.
● Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and follow through on multiple daily tasks and projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
● Demonstrate behavior consistent with SHH’s mission, vision, and values daily.
● Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
● Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of individual and organizational partners, where common goals can be discovered, jointly shared, and owned for maximum impact.
● Strong commitment to equity; ability to work with individuals from different abilities, ethnicities, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Demonstrate the ability to support the work of others. A high level of understanding and respect for the urgency and needs of others. Ability to see how actions impact others. Willingness to put the needs of internal and external customers first.