Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Content creation is at the heart of this role, with a wide variety of opportunities for making an impact. The Content Marketing Specialist will manage the company’s social media accounts and create compelling content to help customers in their buying journey through digital and other mediums.
What will you be doing?
An important part of the Content Marketing Specialist role will cover social media channels, which shall be professionally and flawlessly managed. Responsibilities related to social media include but are not limited to:
- Daily management of all company social media accounts and flawless execution of posts without errors.
- Generating posts on a regular basis from a corporate level and posting as requested from across the company.
- Manage and communicate company standards and policies relating to social media. Coach new hires on best practices to ensure compliance across the company. Professionally handle and escalate any issues that arise on social channels.
- Coaching team members and executives on social media best practices. Creating post prompts for executive and broader team sharing in social platforms on a bi-weekly basis.
- Measuring and reporting on audience engagement and overall social channel performance.
- Routing digital contact forms to appropriate teams.
Another primary area of responsibility will be creating compelling content for the company’s website and other external media. You will be expected to deliver captivating headlines and well-structured stories that transmit credibility with our business audiences. Partnering with teams across the organization, as well as individuals within the strategic marketing team, you will become knowledgeable in the customer buying journey for many different industries, and you will have the opportunity to help customers through that journey by developing useful tools to help them make better decisions.
Additional projects will include production of industry studies, coordinating both the content and the logistical details of email campaigns, LinkedIn articles and campaigns, and more. Well-honed organizational and research skills will be required to create content pieces targeting both prospects and customers, often without a fully formed annual content plan. Judgment about how to achieve customer outcomes is also required to know, for example, when a blog post is enough to accomplish the stated goal, versus understanding when a project calls for customer-research to create a more in-depth thought leadership piece with multimedia features.
The ability to measure the impact of content, adjust and optimize will be key to your success. With a leading web experience platform at your fingertips, the sky is the limit for the possibilities of using your content to communicate insights and enable personalized digital experiences.
How do you succeed?
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in writing and editing content for business to business audiences (versus consumer audiences)
- Expert in posting in social media platforms, maintaining company social media standards
- Enjoys researching customer mindset and language and developing accurate and cohesive narratives
- Refined business messaging skills to craft engaging headlines, calls to action, and structured content pieces
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Sharp eye for design and ability to visually organize information to quickly convey the core message
- Ability to organize and deliver multiple assignments at once
- Judgment to scope the right amount of effort required to achieve each desired goal, as this will vary widely depending on the project
- Adaptive, effective communication and interpersonal skills with those of diverse organizational levels and backgrounds
KEY SKILL PREFERENCES
- Adobe Creative Suite with a good understanding of graphic layout and visual hierarchy
- Experience in a professional services industry (versus product companies)
- Familiarity with insight selling approaches
- Understanding of Salesforce.com, OneNote, and other digital asset management tools
- Understanding of enterprise web content management systems
- Strong customer needs focus and orientation, with an energetic and positive attitude
- Ability to create systems and processes, and seek out additional responsibilities
- Likes working in a team and independently with a can-do attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies, Technical & Scientific Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in B2B writing/content marketing
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
**No agency e-mails, calls or solicitations accepted**