This Business and Shopper Insights Manager position will be focused on ‘shopper insights’ to and with key Bellisio retailers. Responsibilities include the collection, analysis and reporting of sales and consumer data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity and provide brand and competitive insights internally as well as externally. This position will create both standardized and custom reports, along with conducting quantitative product and sales analysis. In addition, this position will proactively evaluate new data resources and make recommendations on any additions or adjustments to the data that Bellisio uses to support its brands.
Responsible for leveraging wide-ranging category and Bellisio Foods brand knowledge to develop winning strategies and tactics.
- Utilize a variety of information sources including, but not limited to, syndicated data, customer-specific data and market research to solve current business issues, define category and consumer trends and identify business opportunities. This analysis will be translated into fact-based customer presentations highlighting recommendations to support key retailer and Bellisio business objectives.
- Collaborate with Bellisio’s sales team to align trends and recommendations with customer and company goals with business development initiatives including the execution of distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising strategies.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and report Sales and Promotion data to increase sales productivity.
- Able to provide timely communication across various internal functions.
- Identify and articulate fact-based business opportunities internally and externally.
- Deliver well thought out and constructed business and shopper solutions in the categories we participate in at various retailers.
- Lead discovery and dissemination of new shopper insights.
- Build category management capabilities and expertise around merchandising, assortment, pricing, and shelving.
- Create POS and syndicated ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Provide post-promotional analysis for Bellisio Foods and competitive promotional programs conducted at and in key competitive retailers.
- Advanced analytical capabilities.
- Experience using multiple information sources including, but not limited to customer-specific data, syndicated data, etc.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Experience communicating complex information to audiences with different knowledge levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Proven track record of working independently and meeting established deadlines is essential.
- Disciplined, detail-oriented individual who understands the internal processes and reporting requirements of the customer.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Advanced ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Ability to penetrate senior leadership at Kroger.
Technical Expertise Required
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar software
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with syndicated (Nielsen, IRI) and shopper panel data.
- Experience working with space management and planning software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business emphasizing sales or marketing and job-related field or equivalent business experience is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with CPG retailer category management and or shopper insights.
- Sales analytics and category management experience with key CPG retailers.
To apply, visit http://www.bellisiofoods.com/careers/.