We know that on average women make 79 cents to the dollar. We also know that women are less likely to negotiate than men. This session helps women advocate for themselves, and learn what they can do to negotiate their salary in a new job scenario or in a current role.
TeamWomen has partnered with the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management Executive Education to bring you this informative professional development event. Join us as Kelly McClellan, Senior Associate Director, leads us through Mind the Gap: How to Negotiate Your Salary.
The Gender Pay Gap is a well-known concept. Women consistently are earning less than their male counterparts. And, we also know that women are less likely to advocate for themselves. But, what can YOU do about YOUR situation?
This session will show you:
- The impact of NOT negotiating
- How to handle the “what are your salary requirements?” question
- How to figure out what the market may pay you
- What the negotiation conversation sounds like during a job offer
- Steps you can take to negotiate a raise
Carlson School of Management | Executive Center | 321 19th Avenue South | 2nd Floor, Suite 2-260 | Minneapolis, MN 55455
For parking information, click here.