White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States · Quality
Nextern is hiring for the role of Quality Inspector. This role comes with competitive compensation along with a full benefits package (details below).
The Quality Inspector role is primarily responsible for assuring the quality of incoming products using Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment (IMTE); including: calipers, pin gauges, optical comparators, multimeters and other inspection equipment. This position ensures product conformance for dimensional, electrical, or visual workmanship standards in accordance with customer requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses IMTE equipment to verify product conformance to mechanical and electrical acceptance requirements.
- Communicates effectively, determines and assesses measurement methods in relation to design intent.
- Is self-motivated, ability to work independently, and function as an effective team member.
- Reads and understands engineering prints, dimensioning and tolerancing principles.
- Maintains inspection report files.
- Performs data entry and/or report writing.
- Demonstrates safe work habits, maintains clean and safe work area.
- Willingness to provide and receive constructive input and feedback.
- Working at Nextern is a better kind of work. We look for people who can exercise their personal superpowers while living our company principles. At Nextern, we are all responsible for making a meaningful impact on day to day patient quality of life. Our unique energy is unmistakable as we have fun, care about one another, and build a place we can all grow & produce great work.
Come join Nextern, where we are in it TOGETHER!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one-year related experience and/or training desired
- Working knowledge of IMTE.
- Prior Quality Inspection experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings and follow inspection plans.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) – willing to train.
- Prior experience inspecting PCA’s in accordance with (IPC-A-610) – willing to train.
- Prior experience soldering PCA’s in accordance with (IPC J-STD-001) – willing to train.
- Prior experience in the Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies (IPCA-620) – willing to train.
Nextern offers excellent benefits to fuel you in building a fulfilling life & career.
- Fully subsidized basic health insurance for employees + partially subsidized premium and family plans.
- Fully subsidized employee dental insurance + optional coverage for spouse/dependents available for purchase
- 401k plan with a company match
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!) + dedicated personal & sick days
- Gym membership subsidy
- Employee Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance + opportunity to purchase additional coverage or types of insurance
- Modern facilities with sit/stand desks, flex-work spaces, lots of natural light, and occasionally, tacos, because these things are important to productivity
To apply to this position, click here.