Director of Environmental Investigation and Remediation (Minneapolis)
Grey Search + Strategy
About the Opportunity
Our client is seeking a recognized director-level industry expert to manage, lead, and grow their Environmental Investigation and Remediation (EIR) services. They will rely on this role to maintain client satisfaction, present quality products and services, provide day-to-day leadership, and play an integral role in achieving strategic goals.
In this “seller/doer” role, you’ll develop new business in the Midwest and other markets, represent clients in the EIR space, and provide team, technical, and thought leadership for the group. As a keen communicator and collaborator, you effectively problem-solve with your team, other directors and project managers, and clients. And your positive approach and commitment to client satisfaction drive success for your team and the company.
Our client is a design and consulting firm specializing in engineering, community planning, environmental, and construction services. They provide solutions for the places, spaces, and systems that support our lives. Our client offers services in more than 25 complementary areas across the nation.
They have been named a top workplace for seven consecutive years. Our client was founded on the understanding that culture drives results, and they’ve dedicated themselves to the value of strong relationships, collaboration, and forward-thinking ideas.
What You Will Do
- Provide team management and program leadership for the EIR team, including talent acquisition, staff development, performance management, and goal setting
- Explore, suggest, respond to and track upcoming projects and programs
- Lead and participate in proposal development activities, including updating and tracking activities and opportunities in our CRM system; Bringing new industry connections is preferred
- Oversee/lead the design and implementation of remediation systems for soil and/or groundwater contamination, environmental site assessments, sampling, and oversight and reporting services
- Problem-solve and communicate complicated environmental contamination issues to clients
- Find and secure grant funding for contaminated sites associated with development
- Maintain and instill quality control initiatives
- Write or review technical reports
- Create, track and meet project budgets and schedules
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, environmental sciences, chemistry, or comparable field from an accredited school
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- MS Office proficiency
- GIS knowledge
- Technical report writing and/or grant writing experience
- Staff management experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations, environmental permitting, and environmental health and safety
- Working knowledge of the design of remediation systems
- Willingness to travel to expanding offices (in/out-of-state)
What We Prefer:
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer license
- Applicable industry certifications
Please apply directly to Nikki Francois at firstname.lastname@example.org.